You’ve decided your business needs a website, but when you look at the long list of Web Hosting Providers, it all looks way to hard and it is.
The entire process is intimidating and overwhelming. Well guess what…I am here to help you. I tried SiteGround hosting on one of my WordPress sites to see how it would compare to others. I love fast loading sites, slow sites make me pull my hair out and swear.
I have been with many different web hosts over the years and I am writing this review because I am really happy with SiteGround – They offer all the premium features of the top-end managed sites, but at a fraction of the cost. I am not a big tech-girl, so finding help from the beginning through the domain transfer to the website transfer was a big plus. They really ROCK
All plans come with free software to design website, a free domain and unrestricted e-mail accounts.
Technical support is available through 24 x 7 e-mails support and this is a BIG PLUS in my books. The support from SiteGround is excellent. It truly keeps up to its promise of 24/7 support. Regardless the time of the day, customer support is always on and ready to be of service. The response can be described as fast, and helpful.
Getting Started – Choose A Plan
I spent $3.95 to get started, which is a good price point for someone dipping their toe into the Web hosting waters.
Step 1. Choosing your hosting plan – Signup & Setup
SiteGround has three plans and often run great specials from time to time. Even when they don’t it is still cheap as chips.
Start with the Start Up Plan – see how it goes you can upgrade or downgrade at any time.
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
Step 2. Choosing A Domain Name
You receive a free domain name when you sign up with Siteground. Then you have the option to specify that you don’t have a domain name and you would like to have one registered for free. Note that a free domain name cannot be acquired later. Instead you have to place an order for registering a new domain name. This can be done from your Customer’s area, the Order tab.
Step 3. Review and Complete
Unlike many other hosting providers the advertised discount applies to any of the initial periods chosen during the sign up process. Being able to get the low price for the one year period is a bonus.
4. Easiest WordPress Site Setup – Even I could do it!!
No matter if you are just starting your new WordPress project or you want to move an existing WordPress website you will enjoy a smooth and easy initial setup with SiteGround
- 1-Click WordPress Installation
- Free Domain Name For Life With Your Account
- Free Template & Installation From Our Support
- Free Transfer, No Hassle
- Transfer Existing Account For Free
- Performed By Our WordPress Experts
- No Downtime For Your Website