Whether you’re a seasoned business owner or are new to self-employment, it’s important to make sure you understand and comply with workplace rights and obligations.
That’s why the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) have released a new online interactive quiz! The quiz, Workplace Basics, assists you and your employees to assess how well you understand and comply with workplace rights and obligations.
- pay rates and awards
- record keeping
By taking the quiz you can update your knowledge on:
- pay rates and awards (minimum pay rates, appropriate awards, loadings, penalty rates and allowances)
- types of workplace leave (annual, sick (personal)/carer’s, parental and long service leave)
- employment type (casual, part-time and full-time employment and the differences between each)
- recordkeeping (employee time and wage records, pay slip and payment summary requirements)
- flexible working arrangements (teleworking and individual flexibility agreements)
- termination and redundancy requirements
- workplace discrimination (bullying and harassment and unfair dismissals).