These quick stress busters are easy to use in your work environment, whether you work in an office, or are a work at home mum.
It’s important to take that break regularly and walk away from whatever it is you are doing. You will find if you use some of these tips, you will be able to come back to your work with renewed energy and less tension.
- Starting at your toes, curl them under…tense…..then relax. Tighten your calf muscles…then relax…move up through your whole body tightening and releasing your thighs, your hips, abdomen, chest, shoulders, upper arms, hands, jaw, face, brow and finally your ears. Take your time until you have relaxed every part of your body.
- Take a quick 5 minute break outside in the sunshine, breathe in the fresh air. The Vitamin D is good for you!
- Relax your brows and neck, let your shoulders hunch forward, and practice slow….deep breaths. Say to yourself, “Relax.”
- Using creative visualisation (imagination), visualise a leaf falling off a tree. When you first try this one, the leaf is likely to fall quickly. Simply choose another leaf and begin again. The more you relax the longer it takes for the leaf to fall.
- Smile! You use more muscles in your face to frown than you do to smile. A smile not only brightens up another person’s day, it also has the potential to change your own.
- Count to 10! When you feel anger, take some deep breaths and count to 10! The deep breaths are important. This can often defuse a volatile situation.