We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
We are Medibank – an integrated healthcare company providing private health insurance and health solutions to 3.7 million Australians. As we work towards our goal of Better Health For Better Lives for all Australians, we value the knowledge and contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. We are working hard to create an inclusive workplace and we believe in developing Indigenous careers.
Our Nurse Triage team play a vital role by assisting people who call for clinical advice and support by providing recommendations to help callers make informed healthcare decisions.
The role will entail the following:
- Operating and navigating through a clinical triage system in order to help callers through challenging situations.
- Use of technology to complement strong clinical assessment skills to arrive at a disposition for each caller, ensuring high level of clinical governance and care.
- 2 weeks of virtual at home induction training
Next Intakes: June, July and August 2019
You are a Div 1 Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years full time clinical nursing experience (post qualification) with recent experience in either Emergency, Critical Care or Paediatrics in Australia.
Other key requirements for this role include:
- Current AHPRA registration with no limitations
- Superior nursing assessment skills with the ability to work autonomously
- Intermediate IT skills - comfortable navigating software, typing and talking at the same time.
- Be available to work a variety of weekends and evenings/nights on a fixed roster
- Separate private room which can be used for your home office set up
- You must have an Active landline and suitable internet connection
- Roles are offered at a minimum of 18.75 per week and maximum of 37.5 hours a week
Please note: We are currently only considering candidates who are available to work nights/ overnights and weekends.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance.
We take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
At Medibank we’re committed to creating a disability confident culture. If you have any adjustments you’d like to chat with us about, please don’t hesitate to speak with our talent team, or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.