Entries for the 2016 black&write! Indigenous Writing Fellowships are now open!
Who can enter?
The black&write! Indigenous Writing Fellowships are open to all writers (published and unpublished) of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent currently living in Australia. The Fellowships are open to adult fiction, young adult fiction, short story collection, poetry collection and children’s book manuscripts. Entries must include a Confirmation of Aboriginality Form/ Letter of Confirmation with a common seal from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander incorporated community organisation. There is no entry fee.
Please download and read the Entry Guidelines document (PDF 53.1 KB) for the full conditions of entry.
The 2016 Fellowships
Two winners will each receive:
- $10,000 prize money
- Manuscript development with black&write! and a
- Publication opportunity with Hachette Australia
Fellowship recipients will be expected to work co-operatively with the black&write! Indigenous Editors through to the completion of their manuscripts.
How to enter
Please read the Entry Guidelines (PDF 53.1 KB) before submitting your manuscript.
Eligible entries must include:
- A completed Entry Form (DOCX 52.4 KB)
- A Letter of Confirmation / Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent form
- One printed copy of the manuscript formatted according to the Entry Guidelines, and
- A digital copy of the manuscript on a CD or USB.
Send your completed entry to:
Black&write! Indigenous Writing Fellowship
State Library of Queensland
PO Box 3488
SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101
Entries must be submitted before 5pm on Friday 26 February 2016.
Further information and enquiries
Phone: (07) 3842 9484