The Queensland Government is offering $1 million in grants over three years to stay-at-home parents to establish or grow home-based businesses as part of Queensland Entrepreneurs of Tomorrow.
The Home Based Business grants program provides the support that stay-at-home parents need to make their business a success, while keeping a healthy balance between work and family.
Available funding: Funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) will be provided in two stages:
- Stage one: Grants of up to $2,500 will be provided to stay-at-home parents to hire a professional consultant to develop a business action plan for their home-based business
- Stage two: Dollar for dollar funding of up to $2,500 will be provided to successful stage one recipients to improve or establish business as detailed in the business action plan developed in stage one. Grant payments will be paid directly to the consultant or service provider on successful completion of the project.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have a Queensland-based business
- meet the definition of a home-based business
- have at least one child under 12 in their care for at least 50% of the time
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
Further information about the full eligibility criteria will be included in the application guidelines.
Register your interest
Register your interest in these grants before 24 August 2015 by email@example.com.