Getting to Yes – Negotiating agreements, resolving disputes
If you’re looking to return to work, negotiate your next salary review or, you have an interest to explore alternate options with your employer for flexible working arrangements, the Getting to Yes negotiation program will add value to your skillset. This program is also relevant for individuals who are currently working, and negotiating contracts, service agreements or employee terms for existing businesses.
Why choose this program?
We are negotiating all the time. As long as people continue to deal with people, negotiation will be an essential requirement of a professional’s skill set. While some people seem to have a knack for negotiation, the ability to negotiate successfully is a skill that can be developed and refined with training and practice.
In our experience, the main reason that people fail to achieve successful outcomes in their negotiations is because their ‘mental model’ is limited or incomplete (at best), or unconstructive (at worst). Our Getting to Yes program draws on the thought leadership of the Harvard Negotiation Project and others to equip participants with a clear, comprehensive and constructive model for negotiation.
This program is particularly useful for professionals in client-or customer facing roles, including sales professionals, business development managers, and account or relationship managers
What are the benefits of doing this program?
This program will enable you to:
- strategically create higher value outcomes, both in terms of substance and the relationship to establish a ‘common language’ for preparing for negotiations, analysing and responding to common negotiation challenges, and measuring success
- reduce time and energy wasted on stalemate and conflict with clients and customers
- develop confidence and an increased willingness to negotiate
- strengthen key working relationships by promoting mutual understanding at a deeper level
- enhance your brand and reputation as a fair, collaborative and commercially savvy organisation
“I feel better prepared and am more confident heading into my next negotiation.”
Matt, Account Manager – Optus
Would you like to know more? Head to the CMA Learning website, phone 1300 765 770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org