Working from home is a great way to work around your family’s schedule or to avoid the ups and downs of the job market. Being a virtual assistant (VA) is also a great way to earn money working from home because you can be involved in so many different niches. You can be a traditional VA doing administrative work using technology to work at a distance, or you can be an administrative consultant who works with a team of virtual assistants.
Some skills that are in high demand for virtual assistants are:
- WordPress Updating – Formatting and scheduling blog posts, as well as performing other simple updates using the WordPress content management system
- Website Updating – Updating content on websites
- Bookkeeping – Basic bookkeeping and invoicing, or more advanced bookkeeping if you are trained in that area.
- Email Customer Service – Check your client’s email for customer service issues and other issues that you can handle, only forwarding on those that need direct attention of your client.
- Creating and Updating Spreadsheets – Many people need databases or spreadsheets updated, or even Excel spreadsheets created to use for various purposes.
- Posting YouTube Videos – Vloggers need people who can post YouTube videos to YouTube.com, as well as write keyword-rich descriptions so that the video will be found.
- Set Up and Schedule Auto Responders – Using a system like AWeber.com or MailChimp.com to set up and schedule auto responders is a task that a VA can do.
- Loading Products into a Shopping Cart System – People who sell digital or even physical products online need someone who can load up the information into various shopping cart systems.
- Prepare Slideshows – A VA can prepare slideshows to use on a website, in a presentation, online on various presentation sites and more. Being able to take information and make decent slide shows takes creativity.
- Debt Collection – Debt collection and following up unpaid invoices.
- Online Research – Finding information, researching products, finding blog topics.
- Social Media and Blog Management – Making sure that everything works together and all content is posted is a great niche for any virtual assistant today.
As you can see there are many different niches that you can get involved in if you want start a VA business. The very best way to decide what tasks you want to perform is to first think about your target audience. Your target audience determines what services you should offer. For instance, if you want to work for authors, consider what type of services an author might need you to perform for them.
Perhaps they will need fact checking, posting of blogs, social media posts, setting up interviews and signing parties and so forth. Design your services around what that particular audience needs. Once you are sure of your audience and the services you can offer them, you’ll need to create a website in order to market your new virtual assistant business.
Remember that you don’t have to do everything the audience needs – only the tasks that you want to offer for that audience within your skill set. This will ensure that your VA business is not only profitable but enjoyable as well. Making money as a virtual assistant from home can be very lucrative and is in high demand today.