Technology allows us to communicate with anyone, anywhere, anytime. We are able to build friendships and network with like minded people through online social communities. Companies can conduct their entire business online to sell any products or services that they offer.
With the multitude of things that you can do online, having a career is more simple than it used to be, regardless of who you are or why you need to work from home.
Here are just some of the advantages of working at home:
1. Time Flexibility. Working from home allows you to manage your personal time and your work time. If you have children that you need to take care of throughout the day, you can schedule your work time around their needs. You can have a home office, yet you need not work from 9am to 5pm. You can choose to work whenever it suits you and your family.
2. Improved Salary. Many companies opt for outsourcing some of their staffing needs, often at a higher hourly rate, because it is more cost effective. Hiring permanent staff costs the employer in training, office space, equipment, utilities, sick leave, annual leave, superannuation. Hiring you is a much cheaper option for the employer. Furthermore, you can set your own rate of pay.
3. No Travelling Hassles. Working from home means there is no need for you to commute to work so your petrol costs are decreased, as is the wear and tear on your car. You no longer need to endure heavy traffic during rush hour and you no longer have to drive home after a tiring day.
4. Safety of Your Children. If you have children and you don’t want to put your children into care, working from home is a huge advantage for you. It not only saves you in child care fees, but it gives you peace of mind that your children are safe at home.
5. Less Pressure. You may still have deadlines when you work at home, however, you are in a much more relaxed environment with less distractions and fewer demands. You also have the flexibility to work a few more hours when the opportunity arises to meet your deadlines
A relaxed environment, childcare fees and petrol costs virtually eliminated, a higher rate of pay, and the flexibility to work when and where it suits you and your family… it makes you wonder why you didn’t consider this lifestyle years ago.