This Is Me
I am a Novocastrian and I work from home in Newcastle. I am quite shy and hate public speaking. I am mature aged, hard-working, bit of a dag, possibly a geek, I may be a workaholic, I should practice what I preach. I own more domain names than I do shoes.
Things that make me happy are dolphins and whales, walking on the break wall, rainbows, big dreams, my family, my friends and my pets.
- I LOVE my work
- I LOVE my family
- I LOVE helping and connecting Mums with work they can do from home
- oh….and I LOVE Coffee
Inspired by my own career and lifestyle transition. I created the WAHM Movement in 2007.
I have been rated as one of Australia’s Top Tweeters within Recruitment, I also Tweet about mums working from home. I an an advocate for flexible employment and telecommuting. I am a mum just like you, I love my work and I absolutely love connecting YOU with jobs from home and flexible work options for return to work parents.
I am always crazy busy, I run multiple businesses, I don’t make alot of money, I work part time for others, so I can keep my dreams alive.
I started the WAHM Movement way way back in 2007. My purpose back then was to connect, inspire and fulfil the needs of the amazing talent pool of skilled mothers in Australia and New Zealand.
I am a busy WAHM and the Business Manager, Editor, Founder of a number of leading and award wining Jobs Boards and Websites.
- Established with no start-up capital in 2007 but with big ideas as one of the first in the market the success of this site pioneered the emergence of Australian “mummy bloggers”
- Leading the discussion on work at home issues, WAHM has been recognized in magazines, mainstream print media and TV. Milestones include growing this site from 0 to 30,000 monthly visitors at its peak, a thriving Facebook community of over 25K+ Australian Fans
- Recognized as thought-leader and pioneer – An advocate for flexible working, remote work (teleworking and work at home) and flexibility in the work place
- Spokesperson and work at home careers expert in national tier-one media – including Sunrise, The Morning Show, the Daily Telegraph and Sydney Morning Herald
- Successfully commercialised business development opportunities presented by the WAHM audience – Lifestyle Careers, and Lifestyle Recruitment
- Achievements: Nominated as a finalist in Thomson Reuters Recruitment Excellence Awards for Best Jobs Board (2009) and Business Achiever Awards (2010)
- An Accredited Professional Recruitment Services Consulting Association
- A Member Australian Human Resources Institute
- Qualifications: Young Entrepreneurs Stepping Up Program, Certificate IV in Business (Frontline Management) and Certificate IV in Business Administration 2005
- 20+ years in a variety of roles and industries within real estate, recruitment, business development, marketing, social media, small business, government and administration
- Thinking about returning to work, so launched the Global Return To Work Mums Jobs Board in December 2015
- Have lots of future projects and ideas to support the WAHM Community moving forward. Stay Tuned
My Mission: Helping mums find the perfect balance between work, life and family
My Mantra: Quote: Dream, Believe, Act, Achieve.
My Strategy: To building a network of Job Seekers, Employers and Agencies who share the same belief in work life balance values.
Work At Home Mums represents YOU, ME, HER it’s a Community and a Movement
Join the #WAHM Movement – Welcome to Work At Home Mums